People learn differently and respond best to a variety of input.
Seeds of Silence workshops, training and retreats intentionally use a mixture of different activities, creativity, discussion, movement, story telling, meditative practices, writing exercises and more formal input to explore material together.
Working in this way ensures that everyone
can learn, enjoy and grow together
without anyone feeling they are left out.
You can read comments from the feedback forms of recent participants in Seeds of Silence workshop, training and retreats by clicking the comments button or on the menu.
Even if you can't find quite what you are looking for in the workshop, training or retreat options below, Seeds of Silence may still be able to meet your requirements.
The most frequently run workshop is a 2½ hour Exploring Silence workshop.
This is a great way of beginning to think about why developing a spiritual practice of silence is important in your faith journey. This workshop runs best with a group of 6 to 12 people and can be offered for free in the Bradford area.
For more information on this workshop, please click the further information button.
To enquire about hosting a workshop at your church or for your group, please email Seeds of Silence using the contact form.
Other workshop options include:
- Short, one hour taster sessions about silence, usually as one of several options for delegates in conference workshop programmes. 'A Taste of Silence'.
- Sunday evening slots in place of quiet, reflective services. A length to suit you.
- 'Table Space' - for foodies, or those who just like good conversation around a meal. Informal talk about silence, wherever the conversation leads us, and trying out a few meditative practices with your house group, friends, or prayer group.
- A series of six, one hour sessions: 'Exploring Silent Prayer'.
- A single 2 ½ hour evening session: 'Exploring Silence'.
- Half day workshops - 'Exploring Silence Workshop'.
- All day workshops just about silence - 'Exploring Silence Workshop'.
- All day workshops about attending to ourselves and to God to help us deepen our spiritual journey - 'Attention: The Heart of Prayer'.
- All day workshops about the place of silence and listening in attending to ourselves, to God, and to others - 'Attention: The Heart of Care'.
Training options include:
- Half or full day training for Spiritual Directors or Accompanists, looking at issues around spiritual discipline of silence and this ministry.
- Half day sessions about practices of silence included as part of training programmes for those training in Spiritual Direction or Accompaniment.
- All day sessions for those training as pastoral workers, exploring the importance of silence and listening.
- All day CPD training for those working as counsellors, considering silence in the development of clients' self-knowledge, identity, agency.
- CME/CPD or IME training for clergy, equipping them to promote practices of silence in their congregations.
Retreat options can cover areas outlined above, or a focus that relates to your specific needs and context, and include:
- One day retreats for parishes or other groups, in the peaceful settings of one of the many retreat centres.
- Urban retreats in church premises or community facilities for a single day, or a series of days.
- Residential weekend retreats for parishes or other groups at retreat centres, over one or two nights.
- Residential mid-week retreats for parishes or other groups at retreat centres, over one or two nights